* Controlled Drug prescriptions to be included in Electronic Prescription Dispensing. (EPS)
North Shore Surgery is due to go live with this update on 3rd April 2019.
* Fewer patients with both paper and electronic prescriptions, making it easier for them as all their prescriptions can be sent electronically to their nominated pharmacy.
* Sending more prescriptions electronically will reduce the administrative burden on both GP practice and pharmacy staff.
* Prescriptions will be sent securely and electronically, and so can’t be lost or misplaced.
* Being able to see everything that has been prescribed helps pharmacists make the right decisions to safely and effectively dispense the right drugs for patients.
* Patients who had chosen not to use EPS because they still had paper prescriptions for controlled drugs can now benefit.
* Patient safety is increased as errors are less likely.
See the below link for further information.Leave a reply →