It was introduced in 2013 and asks patients whether they would recommend hospital wards, A&E departments and maternity services to their friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment. This means every patient in these wards and departments is able to give quick feedback on the quality of the care they receive, giving hospitals a better understanding of the needs of their patients and enabling improvements.
The FFT became available in GP practices on December 1 2014 and then expanded to mental health services and community services on January 1 2015. Other services will offer the friends and family test from April 2015 such as NHS dental practices, ambulance services, patient transport services, acute hospitals outpatients and day cases. The aim is for FFT to become available to everyone using any NHS services.
We would like to thank our patients for giving us feedback on your recent experience of our service.
1. I am registered with you and also I am a care home manager. I have most of my residents with North Shore.
2. The problems and try and find best course of action, The Nurses are excellent in what they do and they take time to listen to your problems you may be having. Easy to order Prescriptions over the telephone via the 24h answer machine. Overall excellent Doctors Surgery
3. A proactive and efficient service and friendly staff.
4. Although getting an appointment. You are treated respectfully.
5. Always available and given best diagnose clearly
6. As with the majority of my last few visits to the GP, none of my conditions were really diagnosed and no sound treatment was offered. Leaving me perplexed and confused as to what my conditions were and how they would improve. It seems to be a growing trend; friends and family regularly encounter the same issues unfortunately.
7. Because of Sarah Beatwell
8. Because staff are helpful friendly and polite.
9. Because the nurse donna fern could not have been more helpful efficient and caring
10. Because the service I received today from the diabetic nurse was very good, apart from that I had a wait of 15 mins which was unavoidable.
11. Can usually speak to doctor on phone same day if. Any get an appointment
12. Caring pleasant and efficient treatment each visit put me at ease and I feel at ease knowing I’m being looked after.
13. Doctor Taylor listened and put me at ease when l was going through a bad time in Jan .There have been two follow ups since then .That is what l call a caring Doctor.
14. Generally a good service with explanations for action taken
15. I came in for a problem and thought that i would kill 2 birds with one stone but the doctor wouldn’t issue me with my prescription of contraceptive at the same time, although he gave me 1month i do not understand if he can print me 1 month why couldn’t he have given me my normal 6months, it makes no sense, now I’ve got to come and waste the time of a nurse to get more pills, he was 15mins late on my appointment and I was only in with him for 5 so he clearly could have done this for me.
16. I have always had good service from both the doctors and nurses I have seen at this practice and find the receptionists to be helpful
17. It was the quick and alert thinking of Dr Ted Furniss that probably saved my life from an aggressive cancer. Therefore I will always be grateful for the care I have received from North Shore Surgery. Kind regards
18. It would have been a lot lower except for the excellent care of the doctor, but having to wait 17 days for an appointment is ridiculous
19. Just satisfied
20. Just so efficient
21. Never have any problems getting appointments have found all staff to be friendly and helpful.
22. Not had any problems good service helpful receptionists
23. Only had to wait 3 days for blood test and review appointment. In addition good time keeping at the surgery
24. Sorry but your service there is fabulous and I have said so for a long time so well done??
25. The doctors are very efficient and treat patients well.
26. The main problem is the long waiting times for appointments
27. The nurse was reassuring and made me feel at ease
28. The reception staff are very helpful and friendly. Nurses are efficient. I’ve had to wait 3 weeks for a G.P appointment which I feel is too long.
29. The service was good
30. Very friendly, doctors listen to you and don’t rush you during your appointment.
31. VERY PROFESSIONAL
32. Well organised little waiting time
33. Whilst I find the doctors keen to listen to my problems and helpful in trying to resolve them, the length of time you have to wait to get an app to see a doc is terrible.
34. You are a friendly, helpful and caring practice. Thank you.
35. The receptionist are arrogant and rude. The length of time it took for me to get an appointment for the person I care for was ridiculous and the whole appointment was useless.
36. I have received excellent and sympathetic treatment for the past 6 years – Dr Ajimal.
37. I think the staff are very good.
38. The staff are great.
39. I feel I have been treated very well.
40. Excellent Service, especially Helen.
41. Well supported by GPs and nurse with medication conditions and treatment given.
42. Good service, nice to be cared for and health care top notch.
43. Good service – Friendly staff, listen to what you need.
44. Friendly staff, I get appointments quick.
45. Good service, polite and respectful staff.
46. Friendly knowledgeable staff.
47. Quick service, friendly staff. Appointment straight away when needed.
48. Very help, courteous at all times and polite. Good listeners.
49. Extremely helpful and friendly.
50. It is very friendly and welcoming place, you feel much better once leaving and are left reassured with any matter.
51. Best doctors.
1. Efficient & Pleasant.
2. So King.
3. Efficient & Pleasant handling.
4. Good service, quick response to problem.
5. Very good & very kind of your loving care for me. Thank you & god bless.
6. RE: Sr Laura Brooks. Good sister, knowledgeable on her area of health, experience & compassion.
7. The doctors seem to have no responsibility for appointments or care?
8. The nurse is very beautiful.
9. The nurse is always brill and friendly.
10. The doctors always have for you. The rest of the staff are always helpful.
11. Due to the reception staff here so polite and professional with all information provided.
12. Helpful and friendly reception.
13. Nice staff, nice doctors, nice place – Nice!
14. I want to acknowledge PN Debbie Fish – She made my appointment today so easy and massively reassured me. Superb customer care. Thank you Debbie.
15. Very helpful and really appreciate all the doctors and staff. Dr Hanif is 5 Star.
16. Very helpful.
17. Prompt, pleasant – informative consultation.
18. Generally efficient.
19. Happy friendly staff.
20. Always very attentive, helpful, never too much trouble to give advice.
21. Very helpful and caring staff. Efficient service at all times.
22. They are all very nice and kind in every way and I make them all laugh.
23. Appointment on time, really friendly.
24. As nice as the Dr was just feel fobbed off by given a printout of some exercises and anti inflammatories and sent on my way.
25. Because the nurse I saw Laura was very competent and professional and polite.
26. Been with the surgery for 20 years had no reason for any complaints seen on time for appoints very satisfied.
27. Caring attitude.
28. Doctor very impressive and reception squeezed me in for tests same morning very good.
29. Dr Taylor was attentive and thorough. He asked lots of questions and I really felt that my complaint was fully investigated.
30. Efficient and friendly nurses.
31. Excellent Services.
32. Friendly and helpful staff.
33. Friendly helpful staff. Appointments usually on time.
34. Friendly staff, friendly receptionist & midwife. Excellent waiting room, clean and comfortable.
35. I did not know how to read one so 2 was nearest I real meant one
36. I don’t feel as though I’ve been helped with my problem at all. Just given another prescription for tablets. I was under the impression I was going to have some tests done. I’ve been off work for 3 weeks and signed of again for another 2.
37. I got fitted in on the same day by very polite and helpful reception staff. The nurse was welcoming and made me feel at ease. Very professional team as ever.
38. I received good patient care off the lovely nurse. I was seen promptly and on time. I was made to feel relaxed and at ease. Thank you.
39. I think the feedback and follow up on test results is poor
40. I was referred on mon 6th of March by DR, had an appointment by 14th to see consultant for lump on my neck, amazing.
41. I was seen on time. The verbal exchanges between myself and the nurse were answered in an informative and polite manner. I was made to feel valued and not just another patient.
42. It takes too long to get an appointment.
43. My appointment was on time, my nurse Sarah Beatwell was tentative to my needs and made me feel very relaxed. She made me feel like she really cared about my health.
44. Nurses very professional and reassuring.
45. Reception staff are unfriendly and unhelpful. They always have an attitude when you speak to them on the phone and face to face they speak to you like you are rubbish. Looking to change surgery as these are terrible.
46. Reliable, friendly and very helpful.
47. Seen promptly by a Dr who took me seriously and then I got a blood test straight away.
48. Short wait for appointment, professional help.
49. Staff are efficient and discreet doctors have time to listen pharmacy same too
50. The doctor I saw was very good, thorough in history taking and examination, empathetic in his responses, and reasonably detailed in explanations and advice, very professional. The fact that my husband had to take time off work to enable me to get any help from my GP, and that I was forced to sit amongst many other patients in the waiting area, while I am coughing uncontrollably is ridiculous and wrong. So, extremely poor service by the surgery, very good service by this trainee doctor. Thank you for asking.
51. The doctors are great except getting an appointment quickly x The only problem with your text service asking questions and expecting a reply is that you send the text from one number but we cannot reply to the number you send it from, we have to memorise the number in the text and write it out. Most people cannot be bothered with this x
52. The nurse I saw was excellent; she put my mind at rest and was extremely caring.
53. The staff were lovely and very helpful.
54. The treatment I was given was very good and did not take long.
55. “They! Being all the staff from reception nurses, and most of all the doctors They all have compassion most of them have understanding and thoughtfulness and they treat you like a human being who is there for help.”
56. Timely and listening
57. Very accessible and always very caring and friendly
58. “Very difficult to get an appointment. Normally have to wait in excess of ten days. The first available appointment for my diabetic review is early June. Telephone appointments are like gold have been quoted up to three weeks”
59. Very efficient reception staff, good clean and spacious waiting area and examination rooms,
60. Very helpful staff and nothing is too much trouble
61. Very thorough consultation
62. Impossible to get an appointment and the doctors are clueless.
63. No it’s terrible .
64. Yes this practice has improved so much for 2017. Well lead, informative staff.
1. Really nice friendly staff so helpful
2. The doctor I saw is very understanding and listens and the receptionists are very good too
3. Staff are pleasant doctors take their time and listen.
4. The new doctor was great, didn’t rush me and was very kind and very thorough
5. Nice doctor, staff helpful thank u
6. Very good receptionists always helpful. Also doctors are good and spend time with you.
7. I have always received good attention in a courteous manner
8. Friendly and helpful attention to detail
9. The Dr. Was kind and he treated me with respect
11. The doctor was really nice he listened to me and had a good chat
12. Nurse Adele Kirkby very professional and gave excellent health advice
13. Availability of Appointment and friendliness of the Staff.
14. Main reason the Doctors treat me as a person not a No. They listen to what is being said and this is so important to a patient. l would recommend North Shore Practice to anyone.
15. I was seen promptly & treated with respect
16. It’s relatively easy to get an appointment, normally seen on time, staff are all very friendly – put you at ease and you feel as if you are being cared for.
17. “I find the whole experience of making and attending appointments as simple as can be.
18. All the staff are very professional – friendly – kind and polite. I could not ask for anything more.”
19. Staff are always helpful, very pleasant and just generally wonderful. I have been a patient since 1998 and have never had any issues.
20. North shore surgery has a great, helpful, set of professional staff always able to help when required, I would always be in safe hands and happy to trust them.
21. I’ve been looked after by the staff at N S S for some years. I’ve have medical conditions which require monitoring. I have suffered gall stones. With al
22. Didn’t wait too long. Very helpful GP. parking is a nightmare though
23. Very good all round staff and they are very helpful.
24. Polite courteous staff and normally easy access to a doctor when necessary.
25. Efficient reception staff and a full range of services which support the medical staff.
26. everyone at the practice have always been helpful and professional
27. Because I have had good treatment since I joined you and I have also recommend 2 of my friends who have joined you
28. They see you quick if your early
29. My recent visits with my problem and the doctors that have seen me are getting down to the problem ( lady Doctors ) have been good and to day I have seen Dr Taylor very nice and polite he made me at ease in the surgery .Top Man
30. Very helpful and lovely staff
31. I was happy with the service I received from my gp and reception
32. In the past I have been given medications that don’t work. Even though I have in the past said this to the GP I still get encouraged to take it. I do still take epilim but I don’t think they work still. Overall I do really like the surgery and they are overall very helpful
33. Questions answered Appt on time Pleasant dr
34. Because it was only a medication review but handled professionally
35. I like the individual doctors but would like to be able to get a quicker appointment.
36. Excellent unhurried consultation with gps very thorough also.
37. I am not happy that XXX XXX, has not been re assessed by a Psychiatrist. It is approx. 5 years since he has been dealt with by a mental health medical specialist. Social services are not qualified to diagnose??? I am prepared to pay for this if necessary.
38. Appointment was late by 15mins not told there was a delay.
1. All staff are helpful and look after patients well throughout the year
2. Always get excellent service. I hope it continues after Doctor Furness retires from the practice.
3. Because there gave me a lot of care and attention
4. Because you have to wait too long for an appointment.
5. Been with this surgery many years and have always been treated with dignity and respect. Very friendly and professional staff.
6. Can never get an appointment. Never the same doctor. Always being left to felt as though I have wasted your time!
7. Customer care
8. Debbie fish was extremely friendly and professional
9. Difficult getting appointment. Called for evening appointment in morning at approx. 8.50. Told not released. Called again at 11.35 – too early. Called at 12.25 got an appointment for evening. But seen quickly and felt helped by Dr.
10. Dr Furniss is a legend!
11. “Efficient As I only registered with them this week and managed to get me an appointment with my new doctor Polite and professional Receptionists’
12. I’d also like to add that on seeing my new doctor I did not feel rushed, was made to feel at ease and was ask more questions about my symptoms than I was expecting which is quite comforting”
13. Excellent service. Dr. Taylor is a wonderful understanding Doctor, very professional and friendly. Reception staff greets you with a warm welcome.
14. Felt listened to, diagnosis and action reasons explained to me allowing comment and questions. Action taken.
15. Friendly staff and I consider that all consultations have been dealt with promptly.
16. Good contact and kept well informed.
17. Good service
18. Helpful dr.
19. I felt listened too and advised whilst being told the door is open in case of further problems and not just ushered away
20. I find it very difficult to make an appointment inside 7days. As I have leukaemia and a very low immune system I end up going to the walkin centre
21. I got really good service from the surgery
22. I have never had a problem with any aspect of my dealings with the surgery.
23. I made the appointment on line based on the surgeries info about the different doctor’s specialised areas. Dr Teh was brilliant for me and my problem. He explained at a level I could understand what was going on and his manner was lovely, very friendly, approachable and professional, I was really glad I finally got round to going to the doctors.
24. I think both doctors and nurses always seem to go that extra length to get it right.
25. I was able to see the doctor of my choice within a week.
26. I was seen promptly, Dr Ajimal listened to me and explained what she was seeing and gave me scripts for what I needed – a very easy experience!
27. It is conveniently located with ample parking. The phone in or online Appointment system means you can usually get an appointment swiftly. All the staff are very professional. If a prescription is issued it is dispensed on the premises at the onsite pharmacy.
28. It’s always so calm here. Impressive service.
29. “My issue is not with North Shore Surgery as a whole but with the GP I saw, Abid Hanif, I don’t go to see GPs frequently but when I do there’s a good reason, I explained I’d been having severe pains in my stomach and that the pains were more frequent also that I had looked up my symptoms and they indicate ulcer, I also told him my there was a history of stomach and other cancers in my family. I felt that some of the comments I and my wife ( who was present) made were not only not listened to but were dismissed and the main reason I attended the GPs surgery, an increasing series of pains in my stomach, that I’m finding more difficult to live with and control, has not been dealt with and left undiagnosed. I understand I have been referred to the genetics department at Manchester and I understand the reasons for this however I am still suffering with symptoms that are not being investigated. I am going to make a further appointment, to see a different GP and hopefully the issue will be addressed.”
30. No reason. Just not well
31. Over a week for a doctor’s appointment
32. “Rude, incompetent, unhelpful reception staff & telephonists.
33. Also not enough nurses working at the surgery!”
34. Some receptionists are very helpful and understanding. Some of them are very rude and not prepared to help you what so ever. I would also prefer to see the same doctor each time without having to book 3 weeks in advance.
35. The doctor’s nurses and receptionists are amazing! Very helpful and so friendly! Best surgery we’ve been with and we’ve moved about a bit
36. The only reason I didn’t give a 1 was because of the time you have to wait to actually get an appointment, you could be dead before you get an appointment with at least a 2 to 3 week wait!!!
37. The staff are marvellous, but the system of getting an appointment is very difficult, due to external pressures I imagine. Hence I can’t give the top score that I would want to.
38. The staff were extremely helpful and good with my little boy.
39. The surgery always answer the phone in good time and are always helpful. Emergency appointments for that day are always available and triage services are available which is all good and convenient. Actual waiting times are generally good but have been poor but that has to be expected. Waiting times for normal appointments can be lengthy but again I suppose that has to be expected
40. The surgery is a great surgery but sometimes you can’t always get in when u need to. When the receptionists say to ring back at 8 in the morning u find by the time you do get to speak to reception ladies all the appointments have usually gone. Or why I would class as emergency is not always the case. It just seems you are fobbed off sometimes
41. There is a high level of both professionalism and care, which helps if you are nervous also the staff take time to listen and are kind in dealing with older people and high quality care.
42. Very helpful and understanding and accommodating
43. Went there when my doctors closed and I had to find a new surgery. Very disappointed but the other one in Moor Park is worse after reading their reviews. Doctors at North Shore Surgery look at us if you are lying and after a sick note. I have never want one in my life and all they say is have a week of and rest tell them to start living in real world.
44. Went to see nurse re: asthma check but she quickly and kindly handled other symptoms. Subsequently seeing dr who was equally professional and kind.
45. What I mean is, we have no friends here or Family… They all live in Hyde.
46. Nurses and doctors always courteous and helpful.
47. Trying to get an appointment!